The First Alert SCO5CN Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm features dual sensors to detect both smoke and carbon monoxide in a single device. A photoelectric sensor detects the smoke most often produced by smoldering fires, and minimizes false alarms from cooking smoke or shower steam. Additionally, the advanced electrochemical CO sensor detects carbon monoxide leaks from multiple sources, such as faulty fuel burning appliances, blocked chimneys, and generators running inside or too close to homes. A loud, 85 decibel siren alerts you to the threat.
unique alarm sounds and indicator lights on its face distinguish a smoke warning from a carbon monoxide warning. This carbon monoxide and smoke detector is battery operated, so you don’t need an electrician for installation. Requiring just two AA batteries and featuring an easy access battery compartment for quick changes, this smoke and carbon monoxide detector has a single button that allows you to silence a false alarm or test the unit.
- Keep your family safe with this battery operated smoke and carbon monoxide alarm; battery powered alarms provide continuous monitoring of CO levels, even if there’s a power failure
- Features an electrochemical Carbon Monoxide sensing technology as well as a photoelectric sensor that detects the larger particles of a smoldering fire
Indicator lights on the face of the unit display the presence of smoke or carbon monoxide, while an 85 decibel siren provides a clear, loud warning upon detection
- Battery operated unit installs quickly and easily without an electrician. Low battery signal mute, quiets low battery signal for up to 8 hours
- Simple to use, with a single test/silence button; EZ access battery drawer allows you to change battery without removing alarm from ceiling
- 7 year limited warranty; equipped with end of life signal chirp, so you know when it’s time to replace the unit for safety; all First Alert alarms are rigorously tested to meet UL standards
- It can ship within the US except New York