Landscapers & contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded & gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V x2 LXT (36V) Brushless chain saw kit (model XCU03PT1).
With zero emissions, lower noise, & considerably less maintenance, the chain saw is a welcome solution for cutting & trimming applications. It’s powered by two 18V LXT batteries for 36V power & run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. & with the efficient Makita outer rotor Brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw.
The Makita chain saw has a 14 inch Guide bar & the Makita-built motor with variable speed delivers 0-3, 940 FPM For increased cutting speed, but with less noise (only 100dB(A)). it has zero emissions & reduced maintenance: there’s no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, & no air filter or muffler to clean. & there’s no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick it up, load two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, & the saw is ready to use.
Model XCU03PT1 is a kit & includes the chain saw, four fast-charging 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5 0Ah batteries & an efficient 18V Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger.
- Makita-built outer rotor BL Brushless motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency Equivalent to a 32cc gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3, 940 FPM) For improved cutting performance
- “Tool-less” chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance. Chain pitch : 3/8 inch
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Built-in L. E. D. On/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended Battery life