There is growing demand for cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V x2 LXT (36V) cordless 16” top handle chain saw kit (model XCU09PT).
With zero emissions, lower noise, & considerably less maintenance than gas-powered chain saws, The XCU09PT is a welcome solution for cutting & trimming applications. The compact top-handle design makes it ideal for the professional tree care industry. Powered by two 18V LXT batteries for maximum power, speed & run-time, the XCU09PT is easy to start by simply loading the 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries & powering on. The XCU09PT has a variable speed trigger & high chain speed (0-3, 940 FPM) .
For increased cutting speed, with torque boost mode for cutting dense material. It has zero emissions & reduced maintenance: there’s no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, no air filter or muffler to clean, & there’s no need to drain the fuel for storage. With the Makita outer rotor Brushless motor with direct-drive system, users get high power efficiency. Other convenience features include adjustable automatic chain lubrication, built-on lock-off lever to Help Prevent the chain from accidentally engaging, an electric brake for maximum productivity, & more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working & less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance & extended battery life, Makita created Star protection Computer controls.
- Makita-built outer rotor BL Brushless motor direct-drive system provides power equivalent to a 30cc gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3, 940 FPM) For improved cutting performance
- Torque boost mode powers through thick or hard branches
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver 36V power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT platform
- Includes 16″ Sprocket nose guide bar and 3/8 pitch, .043″ Gauge Chain